Vegas, Baby!

No, I wasn’t I wasn’t in Vegas drinking and gambling (though I’ve always wondered how different the place would be if I were a tourist).

I went to Las Vegas this weekend to visit my family – I grew up there. Even though I live fairly close, the drive sucks. I don’t visit as often as I should (or would like), so I took advantage of some free time this weekend and headed out. The weekend flew by, and it was a fun couple of days! (Though I wish I’d had more time to see everyone.)

I headed out on Saturday morning and arrived at my grandparent’s house around noon. I chatted and caught up with them the next few hours, then headed over to my sister-in-law’s house for some girl talk and appetizers. I took a moment to raid her closet and admire her burgeoning shoe collection. I even walked away with a fabulous new pair of my own – super cute, peep toe, patent leather, wedge Mary Jane’s. You’ve got to love ’em!

After a full dose of girl talk, I headed to my brother’s house to hang out with him and his girlfriend – and my absolute favorite niece and nephew in the world. (Okay, so they’re my only niece and nephew, but even if they weren’t, they would still be my favorites!) You have to agree; they are adorable. We played golf (or something like it) in the backyard, then headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for what else…but wings. Okay, I actually had a veggie burger, but everyone else had wings. The kids serenaded me with their rendition of “Low” (Flow Rida featuring T-Pain).

Apparently, these eight and four year olds keep up with their hip-hop. We went back to their house for ice cream cones before the kids were off to bed. I chatted with Trevor and Brandy for a while, then realized I was late to meet my friend, Lisa, for her celebration of returning to singlehood. I threw on something other than my blue velour sweats and rushed off to meet her.

When I arrived at the bar, Lisa was d-runk. It was fabulous and too funny, and we had a great time catching up. After Dick’s we headed to Susan’s house and spent the rest of the night chatting. I got back to my grandparent’s house way late and crashed in bed after tip-toeing into the house in an attempt not to wake anyone up (I don’t think I succeeded).

Sunday morning I spent talking with my grandparents. I don’t get to talk with them near enough, and it was great to catch up. I was supposed to visit my friend, Carrie, but the time flew by, and before I knew it, it was time to drive home. (Carrie, I promise to make this up to you next time!)

I was so tired when I got home, I nearly fell asleep waiting in line at the grocery store.  What a busy but fabulous weekend!

photo credit: James Marvin Phelps

This entry was posted in Weekend Getaways and tagged , .