Browse by Category
Words For Life
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --Friedrich Nietzsche
- GO ON. Dance to the beat of your own drum.
Tag Archives: twin falls
Christy, Steven and I took on a new adventure last Friday and decided to hike the Twin Falls Trail near North Bend, WA. Here’s the thing I love about hiking: you accomplish several things at one time.
- Like getting your workout in. No need to go to the gym if you’re going for a hike. You get all the cardio you need. Even a little interval training.
- You also get outside. You get to enjoy the outdoors and be close to nature and appreciate all that is stunning and magical about this world. Sometimes, I need a reminder. And going on a beautiful hike. Well, that does the trick.
- It can be social. You get to hang out with friends. At this age, it seems we never get to do enough of that. So anything that encourages you to get out with your friends, that’s a good thing.
- And when you’re done, you feel like you’ve accomplished something. Especially if the hike was particularly grueling. And feeling accomplished is good for all of us.
Twin Falls was a great trail. Not too long. Not too short. Plus, it was well maintained. There’s no getting lost on this trail (a definite plus if your sense of direction dances to the beat of its own drum). We used driving directions from my book Beyond Mount Si, and they were super easy.
This is a great hike if you’re a lover of all things water (like me). You get waterfalls and a river and little random streams. And some great places to stop for a picnic. The hike is 4.2 miles round-trip. It’s challenging at times with some steep inclines, but not so bad that you’ll want to turn back. And there’s lots of trees and shade. If you’re looking for a hike that’ll help keep you cool on a hot day, check it out. We saw a number of kids and dogs on this trail, too.
All-in-all, I highly recommend it!